K100 million cash burnt in shop

About K100 million cash has been lost in an
inferno that swept through Tukongote shop in Limulunga
Royal village in Mongu this afternoon.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty electrical
connection, but could not be confirmed by Zesco officials who had
rushed to the area.

However, Zesco workers managed to disconnect the supply cable to the
building and drove off, leaving the building still on fire with a few
people struggling to put it off.

Owner of the shop a Mr Nawa Luyanga who was still in a state of
confusion could not immediately say anything, but on lookers claimed that a lot of money
and property worth millions of kwacha
has been lost in the fire.

The shop was the central hub of all milk producers in
Limulunga area.

ZANIS

Share this post
Skip to toolbar