In Central Province a 56 year old woman died on the spot after the vehicle she was travelling on lost control due to a tyre burst.
The accident occurred on 6th February 2013 around 16:00 hours about 9 km North of Serenje Boma.
Involved was a motor vehicle, Toyota Noah registration number ADC 2658 driven by Abraham Nyirenda aged 32 of Mukando turn off. Also involved was Helen Mupeta aged 56 of Nakasala area Serenje District who died on the spot after sustaining a crushed head and a fractured right arm.
The following passengers sustained injuries and are admitted to Serenje District Hospital:-
– Abraham Nyirenda sustained body pains
– Jehoma Mwanje aged 32 of Mukando turn off sustained a cut on the head
– Happy Kabongo of Mukandon complained of body pains
– Chisenga Kalonga of Nakasala Primary School complained of chest pains
– Leonard Musonda of Mukando turn off complained of general body pains
– Melvis Kunda aged 32 of Mukando Secondary School sustained a deep cut on a thigh
– Ngosa aged 18 of Nakasala area complained of Chest pains
– Donald Musa aged 38 of Mukando School complained of general body pains.
The accident happened when the motor vehicle had a rear tyre burst hence the driver lost control of the motor vehicle and went to overturn on the right side of the road.
The body of the deceased is lying Serenje District Hospital Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
In Southern Province, a five months old baby died after sustaining head injuries.
The accident occurred on 6th February, 2013 around 14:00 hours along Zimba – Livingstone road 10km south of Zimba.
Involved was a motor vehicle Toyota Hiace PSV, registration number AJC 4207 driven by Lubasi Kennedy aged 45 of house number 3, Dambwa Site and Service in Livingstone and on bvoard were 13 passengers. Also involved was Halumbwe aged 5 months of Bwacha Compound, Kalomo had head injuries and died upon arrival at Zimba District Hospital.
The accident happened when the driver failed to negotiate a curve due to excessive speed and careered off the road and over turned.
The driver and the other passengers had serious injuries and are all admitted to Zimba District Hospital, two passengers had slight injuries while the motor vehicle was extensively damaged.
The body of the deceased is lying in Zimba District Hospital Mortuary awaiting postmortem
In similar incident in Mongu, one person died on the spot after the vehicle they were travelling on lost control and overturned.
The accident occurred on 6th February, 2013 around 18:00 hours at Miulwe area along Lusaka Mongu road.
Involved was a motor vehicle Toyota Hiace registration number AJB 6766 driven by Kufuna Kaluwe aged 27 of Sir Mwanawina area, Mongu also of Mwandi village Mongu district and on board were five passengers.
The driver sustained fatal injuries and died on the spot while the other passengers are admitted to Lewanika General Hospital.
The following are their names:-
– Mainga Foloshi aged 26 of Sir Mwanawina area also of Nasaya village Kalabo District he sustained a bruised back, cuts on the left arm and headache.
– Misiah Palata aged 24 of Katundu area Kaoma also of Kahwenya village in Kaoma District he sustained chest pains, a cut on the left hand and on the right leg.
– Jabel Kapinda of Nande area in Senanga other particulars not known sustained a cut on the head and general body pains.
– A female adult whose particulars are not yet known sustained serious injuries.
The accident happened when the driver lost control of the motor vehicle and overturned on the right side of the road.
The body of the deceased is lying in Lewanika General Hospital Mortuary awaiting postmortem.
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER