MTN pathetic services, theft and f data bundles

MTN pathetic services, theft and f data bundles

MTN PATHETIC SERVICES, THEFT OF DATA BUNDLES

Dear Editor,

I wish to air out my frustrations and complaints through your media.

I live in kamwala south around goldcrest mall along ring road. We have a Tower (mast) less than 300 meters away but MTN Data Network is pathetic. My phone is 4G but I can barely even open a simple static website.

Every day after 20hrs the internet is so bad you can’t do anything even viewing a WhatsApp status is not possible. On top of poor service MTN billing system will nevertheless in the background chew your data. Your will just receive a message that your Data Bundles are depleted minus even browsing.

I have tried to call MTN call centre but because of cost cutting measures the call centre is useless when it comes to network related issues. They can’t even open an incident ticket that I can follow up on. It’s impossible to talk to senior employees in MTN with regards to customer service.

Please highlight our plight, this is pure stealing. Money in this economy is not easy to make then MTN wants to rob us of our hard earned money.

Please MTN install proper equipment at goldcrest, you are a big company.

ZICTA is busy sleeping, tracking online political offenders instead of testing network quality of some of these mobile providers and these company have now taken advantage.

Good day

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 14
  • comment-avatar
    patric bwalya 1 week ago

just change to zamtel is the best and least expesive

Elias 2 weeks ago

My observation as well. For the first time, I switched to Airtel just to access my school materials. Why have they become so pathetic interms of the internet?

Victor 2 weeks ago

I have no problem with MTN at all i use it for internet and voice calls, i think Mtn is the best in Zambia.

• comment-avatar

Pathetic I am failing to watch DStv on mtn bundles.

Poor customer service 🐕‍🦺🐕‍🦺
    Poor internet connection
    I always receive a text that you have used 90% of your data bundle in few seconds. Daylight robbery

Competition commission is also useless they actually need to be disbanded

Fire the requlatory authority 2 weeks ago

The Regulatory Authority appointed by the responsible Government is to blame for all these ills!!

• comment-avatar

There internet is becoming pathetic. These useless companies shouldn’t be taking us for a ride. Am even failing to open my simple Facebook page here at water works Chalala off Ring Road.

• comment-avatar

There internet is becoming pathetic. These useless companies shouldn’t be taking us for a ride. Am even tonkipen my simple Facebook page here at water works Chalala off Ring Road.

Citizen wamu Zambia 2 weeks ago

I too have noticed how pathetic MTN network has become, they need to improve or risk losing customers. I switched to Zamtel for data.

Cacious 2 weeks ago

I have also observed that MTN of late is very useless in terms of data bundles, so I just switched to airtel and am enjoying.

• comment-avatar

1.don’t accept settings sent by network providers,instead in the network & internet settings, find access point names.Then delete all settings there and add a new one under which you can change the name:type internet under apn and default,supl under apn type.leave the rest as is and save. This will improve internet service greatly. 2.As for bundles being wiped out quickly, check and turn off auto download/update settings of the OS itself and apps like playstore, whatsapp, snap hat and the like. Also check for auto video playback in browsers. Hope this will help

• comment-avatar

Some comments here are surprising. Does changing networks solve anything. Not everyone has a luxury of changing numbers anytime the network is poor. You need to.learn to demand for quality service. MTN is not a community service provider giving free services, these services are paid for by subscribers.

Mwape 2 weeks ago

MTN is just okay. I haven’t been disappointed yet. I advise you to call them and they will address your issues. Zamtel too these are the 2 best networks we have interns of good prices on data.

Chadiza 2 weeks ago

Changing providers is not enough, they need to be penalised.

Santa 2 weeks ago

Change your provider and move on.