PF LEGACY: UNRESOLVED SCANDALS FROM THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION (LIST WAS COMPILED IN AUGUST 2019)
1. ZAMBIA AND MALAWI US$34.5 MILLION MAIZE SCANDAL, deal reported to have been overpriced by US$13m. Did our government profit from this deal in its entirety? Dora Siliya was never probed.
2. DIGITAL MIGRATION CONTRACT OF US$282M, highest in the region and disproportionate to population size.
3. GOVERNMENT 2015 TRIP TO NEWYORK DOSSIER INVOLVING 68-MAN DELEGATION WITH BOAT CRUISE LEISURE LEAKED, Tax payer’s money was spent on a bloated delegation which include party cadres, musicians, luxury boat cruise and hotel accommodation. New York dossier is loosely disputed by president’s office.
4. MUKULA TRADE DISPARITY BETWEEN CHINA US$87M and ZAMBIA US$0.9M, Trade report revealed that Zambian government under-reported mukula trade with suspicion of facilitating smuggling and illegal sale of confiscated logs.
5. BRIBES OF USD1.7M FOR ILLEGAL MUKULA TRADE REPORTED. A mukula trade study reports bribes to government officials in 2018.
6. IN 2017 ILLEGAL MUKULA EXPORT WORTH USD4.4M REPORTED. Illicit trade of mukula exports were recorded for the year 2017 according to the FIC 2017 report.
7. GOVERNMENT SPENDS USD42M ON REFURBISHED FIRE TRUCKS IN 2015 OR 2016. At a price estimated to be inflated by US$800,000 per fire truck, Lungu insults Zambians that he has no evidence of corruption. ACC, DEC conduct lackluster investigations.
8. MINISTRY OF FINANCE SPENDS USD 288,000 PER AMBULANCE OVERPRICED COMPARED TO USD52, 000 AMBULANCES DONATED BY SWEDISH EMBASSY.
9. MINISTRY OF HEALTH GLOBAL MEDICAL FUND SUSPENDED DUE TO CORRUPTION. Controlling officer at MOH at the time is currently secretary to cabinet.
10. MEDICAL STORES LOSES DRUGS WORTH USD1M WITHOUT TRACE. Taxpayers told they will refund this money to the donors. No proper forensic audit was sanctioned by Dr. Chilufya.
11. ZESCO STAG DEAL COVERED BY A SOVEREIGN GURANTEE OF USD500M. A deal whose sovereign guarantee was initially signed by President in 2016, partially disbursed and later recalled by MOF in 2018, it remains a mystery on the urgency and application of funds that came at great transaction fees.
12. MANSIONS IN SWAZILAND WORTH USD4M, Documentation leak on property development on land given to Zambian president as gift by King Mswati. The developments are for the personal benefit of president which raises questions of abuse of office or lack of disclosure.
13. SOCIAL CASH TRANSFER DFID FUNDING USD4.7M DIVERTED Sweden, Finland, Ireland and Britain withdraw support due to abuse of funds. It is revealed Zampost misallocated funds, PF ministers used funds for vote buying campaigns and about GBP2.7m disappeared and reappeared in ZANACO account. Emerine Kabanshi thrown under the bus to save face.
14. DONORS SUSPEND FUNDING AFTER ABUSE OF USD13.9M AT MINISTRY OF EDUCATION DUE TO CORRUPTION
15. FIC 2018 REPORT REVEAL ZMW6.1BILLION ILLICIT FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
16. MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE SHOCKS NATION WITH USD4.3MILLION TOLLGATE. The facility comprises a small building, small car park, simple drive through shelter, simple booths and minor lane modifications.
17. GERMANY GOVT CATCHES ZAMBIAN GOVERNMENT WITH FORGED BANK STATEMENT INVOLVING USD3M MISS-STATEMENT – In an attempt to fraudulent access rural water development funds, ministry officials forged a bank statement. Very embarrassing.
18. FIC 2017 REVEAL ZMW4.5 BILLION ILLICIT FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
19. ECL’S WORTH INCREASED BY A TENFOLD BETWEEN 2015 AND 2016
20. EUROBONDS REMAIN UNACCOUNTED FOR IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE AND REPAYMENT PLAN – Unaccounted for Eurobond investments to ZESCO, ZRL, DBZ, CEEC and MOH for the first US$750 MILLION
21. CHINESE LOANS DEALS REMAIN OPAQUE SHIELDED BY UNCONSTITUTIONAL NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS. There is potential transaction restructuring involving operational control by Chinese of Ndola Airport, ZESCO, KKIA, etc.
22. DIVERSION OF FUNDS ALLOCATED TO MONGU STADIUM. Land is still undeveloped
23. ILLEGALLY PAID MINISTERIAL SALARIES ARE YET TO BE REFUNDED (SALARIES WHERE REFUNDED IN 2020 BY A MYSTERIOUS DONOR WHOM THE ACCOUNTANT GENERAL FAILED TO DISCLOSE)
24. MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE SHOCKS ZAMBIANS WITH NDOLA – LUSAKA ROAD PRICED AT USD1.2BILLION. A figure which is 5% of GDP and at an outlying rate of USD1.3/KM
25. GOVERNMENT BIG FISHES ALLOCATE TO THEMSELVES FORESTRY LAND. Land initially reserved as part of water table preservation as per advice from environmentalists, is degazetted and shared by connected upper-mwambas.
26. FIRST LADY TRIP WITH BLOATED DELEGATION TO MERELY RECEIVE FIRE TRUCKS- cooks, servants and garden boys joined the delegation.
27. HUGE LIFESTYLE CHANGES IN GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS DISPROPORTIONATE TO INCOME – Ministers abuse contract incentives awarded by Chinese contractors for self benefits in form of mansions and driveways to their homes.
28. CLOSURE OF INVESTIGATION IN 48 HOUSES DUE TO FLIMSY REASON OF FAILURE TO FIND OWNER