By Matthews Siyamba
We should never blindly follow someone simply because they have shouted the name of Jesus. If you do, both you and the leader will “fall into a ditch”. Everything must be tried by the word of God, be it a prophesy, a revelation, a sermon, etc. In I John 4:1 (NIV) the Lord admonishes us to “…believe not every spirit, but test the spirit to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone into the world”. Speaking to the church of Ephesus Christ said in Rev 2:2 (NIV) “I know your deeds, your hard work, and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are false”.
God has exposed T. B. Joshua. Why do I say the man is a false prophet?
- He links the collapse of his hotel to an aircraft. This is a lie! The man made up this lame excuse just to avoid the risk of losing the trust of his faithful disciples. He knows very well that it’s him to blame for that disaster. He made a fatal mistake by adding more stories to a building whose foundation was meant to handle just a double story hotel. Due to his love for money, the man kept adding more stories to it until it collapsed. A true man of God cannot act so dodgy over the death of 57 people and 120 more injured. We expected him to confess the truth, apologize and help the victims of that disaster. I felt pain in my heart to read that his workers, acting on his orders, actually prevented government rescue officers access to site till the following day.
- T B Joshua has made many false predictions. Deut. 18:21-22 (NIV) says, “You may say to yourselves, ‘how can we know when a message is from the Lord?’ If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed”.
Let us look at some of T B Joshua’s recent predictions:
– In 2012 he prophesied that BOKO Haram was going to disband that year, but BOKO Haram is still here today.
– Early this year, he prophesied that BOKO Haram was going to release all the 200 plus girls and that the parents of the girls should prepare to receive their children, that too has not come to pass.
– Sometime this year he prophesied that the debris of the missing Malaysian MH370 plane would be found in a week after he made the prediction, that too did not come to pass.
I know some of his followers may think I am judging their leader. Yes I am; the Bible approves of me to do so. 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 (KJV) says “Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be Judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more the things that pertain to this world?” God expects us to judge anything that is contrary to sound doctrine and practice. We judge by scripture not by our righteousness. Anything that is contrary to scripture is condemned and, T B Joshua’s prophetic calling is one of them. Yes I admit the man is a prophet, but a false one!