1. Ticket sales for Chipolopolo games where always on the black market with little paper trail. These days it’s computicket with sales announced and expenses explained.
2. Staff salaries we’re a problem. Not despite peanuts there is a health complement of staff there with some skilled one.
3. Pamodzi Hotel and Air-tickets we’re on the FAZ account.
4. Kalu delegated duties to junior staff to the point where Eric Mwanza would remain with Kalu’s phone and make decisions until the boss was back leaving ExComm members and the Veep out of the look.
5. Nike left because of corruption. Replica sales couldn’t be accounted for. Fake replicas were made to defraud Nike. Original nike kit used to be used from car boots by non-FAZ officials.
6. No one knew the MTN sponsorship deal nor the DStv sponsorship deal. Clubs would get as little as 7000. Now they get about 100,000 on average.
7. Lower divisions we’re not sponsored by anyone and FAZ had no role. Now these have to do club licensing and they are each given minimum two sets of jerseys plus balls by FAZ.
8. Referees were not well compensated. Now fees have been hiked to allowed for good compensation.
9. Women’s football was almost non-existent. Now Zambia is second best in Africa and the leagues exist.
10. All provinces are treated the same now. That time one could be lazy and work with just a few provinces, register as many clubs from there for the AGM and get votes. Now it’s tougher.
This is how it was under Kalusha Bwalya