1. No traffic officer is allowed to get and keep your license, they are only allowed to get your details off it. Which the office can verify internally.
2. If you do not have your licence on you, you should be given time (7days) to produce it.
3. When stopped for speeding, you are within your rights to ask for the calibration certificate of the radar gun used to capture your speed.
4. When caught by a speed trap, you are within your rights to ask for a charge sheet & exercise your 7 day grace period to pay/ clear the charge.
4. You are within your rights to ask for a police officer’s man number, WHICH should be worn on the uniform. (Though it can be held for security purposes)
5. If you feel a check point has illegally been mounted, drive to the nearest police station and handle your issues from there.
6. If an officer PROVES that your liable for a traffic offence or are unable to operate your car, s/hecan have your car impounded, driven to the nearest police station.
7. Any officer who proves by law that you are unable to operate your car & proceeds to drive your car must provide a valid licence.
8. RTSA TOLL FREE LINE: 983