Two weeks ago, the United Kingdom warned its citizens intending to travel to Zambia to be careful as violence can erupt at anytime and that terrorist attacks could not be ruled out.
As usual, this infuriated Zambian State House who have now issued their own travel advice to Zambians Intending to travel to UK.
According to a Facebook Page run by Amos Chanda with funding from Edgar Lungu, the Prime minister of Uk was survived terrorists attacks.
Below is the travel advise written by Lungu’ Spokesperson Amos Chanda and posted on Smart Eagles Facebook page run by state house with Amos Chanda as admin:
DID THE UK REALLY WAVE A TERRORISM WARNING IN ZAMBIA, HOLD UP, STEP BACK A LITTLE
Lusaka – 25th June, 2017
A TRAVEL ALERT TO ZAMBIANS WANTING TO VISIT THE U.K
Warning, Warning, Red Alert, Warning!!!
1. The UK has suffered five major terror attacks in less three months: a vehicle and knife attack on police at Westminster, the Prime minister was whisked away from parliament; a bomb attack on party goers at rock concert in Manchester; a car and machete attack on innocent people at the iconic London bridge and Borough
Market; and a van attack on worshippers at a Mosque in North London.
2. Random attacks can occur anytime anywhere, not even Westminster is safe so Zambians visiting major tourist spots like London Bridge, Westminster and those wishing to attend rock concerts famous in summer on the U.K. Are advised to take note of these risks;
3. Occasional protests take place in different parts of London and the U.K. In general including the near-violent protests currently taking place following a devastating fire that destroyed a tower block in west London;
4. Protests by different interest groups take place at parliament and other places. Some protestors advocate for banning of Christianity, Islam and other religious practices, others vigorously call for gay rights and universal same sex marriages, so Zambians with different views must not approach such protestors as some can be so fanatical about their cause;
5. The U.K. also held a referendum to exit the EU and since then public sentiment against foreigners is on the high and so Zambians traveling to the U.K. must ensure they have valid immigration permission to enter the U.K.
6. The U.K. has held two general elections in space on one year and the current one has not produced an overall winner and therefore the Prime Minister is negotiating for support to form a minority government. A possibility of another general election is therefore imminent and therefore Zambians are advised to keep away from political activity of any nature
The commission is thus advising Zambians intending to visit the U.K to be very cautious
With that I would advise the U.K High Commission to address the log in their eye before attempting to remove the spec in Zambia’s eye.